Within the "Secure Societies” framework, with the aim of "Protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens”, the European Commission granted funding to theNew Operational Sensing System (NOSY)project.
Duration: 36 months
The NOSY team is composed by a consortium of enterprises coming from 5 different European Nation and its aim is to develop new monitoring systems and miniaturized sensors capable of finding dangerous (explosives) or harmful (drugs) substances, in order to improve the Lea’s investigative and evidence collection capacities.
Part of the Consortium are the University of:
- CENTRE NATIONAL DE LA RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE (France)
- UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER (United Kingdom)
- CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY (United Kingdom)
Among the Governmental Agencies:
- RACIS - MINISTERO DELLA DIFESA (Italy)
- GNR - MINISTERIO DA ADMINISTRACAO INTERNA (Portugal)
- IRCGN - MINISTERE DE L'INTERIEUR (France)
RESI, as the technological partner, plays a primary role and is responsible for collecting through its monitoring center all the information detected by the sensors. These data, with the creation of missions, are aggregated and stored securely making them available to the LEA (Governmental Agencies) for a quick consultation for the investigative activities.